Monday, January 20, 2014

Final Revision Underway

I've started the final revision for my WALL-E. The final revision will include all the hardware callouts and will incorporate designs that I can fabricate with the tools that I have.  In addition, I will be going back and forth between parts and assemblies to see if I can re-use similar fasteners and other hardware to cut down on costs.

So far, here is the Eye Socket in it's (most likely) final form:


I went ahead and combined the individual element rings into a single piece because I think my CNC router should be able to fabricate it. I also replaced the individual ringed spacers with plastic spacers which should reduce cost and complexity. In addition, this design will give me the ability to adjust the spacing. I changed some hardware for the SPDT switch mounting bracket and added the remaining hardware callouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment